AGM March 2023
There was a bye-law change approved at the AGM that will be implemented for 2024 season. The existing bye-laws stand for 2023 but will be renumbered to better organize See Bye-laws
Changes to Fishing (March 2022)
We no longer rent 3 stretches of fishing as described on the map.
- on Birk Beck, Above the viaduct
- on the Lune, at Kelleth
- on the west side of the Lune, between Roundthwaite Beck north to the motorway bridge ( approx175m)
- Contact the Secretary for further details if needed
- New maps are in the process of being produced.
Tebay Anglers were pleased to be able to assist the Lunes Rivers Trust and Westmorland Dales National Park in their electro-fishing surveys in September 2022. See this link for the initial report on the on-going project.
- You can only fish on fly for Brownies up to the end of April.
- See the river levels via webcam courtesy of Lunes River Trust – see http://tebayanglers.com/links/
- Fishing is no longer available on the Bybeck Farm bank at Old Tebay Bridge. Please do not park on the Bybeck Farm road. Fishing is no longer available on the east Bank below the Iron Bridge to the second railway bridge above Lunes Bridge, nor in a portion of the woods below Lowgill. To avoid confrontation, do not fish where signs indicate another club; let the Committee deal with any boundary disputes.
- No day tickets may fish our waters in October.
- The Environment Agency requires “Catch & Release” for Salmon on the River Lune.
Catch returns must be returned to the Secretary by 20th November each year. This includes Nil returns.
Details are on the form below. Nil returns can also be texted to the Secretary, please include your name. http://tebayanglers.com/contacts/
Annual Dinner and Presentation Evening
Tebay Anglers holds its Annual Dinner & presentation Evening in Tebay Sports & Social Club on the first Saturday in March each year. The evening includes a Buffet, an Auction and the Club’s AGM. Permit holders are most welcome to attend although they cannot vote at the AGM. Anyone wishing to attend should notify the Secretary at least 14 days prior.
The next AGM is on Saturday March 2nd March 2024 at 7pm.