News August 2022
Closure of Ironbridge(Lune Ford bridge)
We have been informed by the council project manager that the bridge will be closed from August 22nd for essential maintenance. It is likely that the work will last into November. This will affect any member who intends to access Crag Dub from the Tebay side.
Ecological Surveys under the motorway bridges as a prelude to major structure renewals (2024).
Steve Hall(as an adjacent landowner) has been informed of bat surveys over August and September and we have contacted the project manager so that we might be informed and voice our concerns over this and future works.
Announcement July 2022
We regret to announce that our Immediate past Chairman Pete Moss passed away in June. We send our condolences to his family.
Changes to Fishing (March 2022)
We no longer rent 3 stretches of fishing.
- on Birk Beck, Above the viaduct
- on the Lune, at Kelleth
- on the west side of the Lune, between Roundthwaite Beck north to the motorway bridge ( approx175m)
- Contact the Secretary for further details if needed
- You can only fish on fly for Brownies up to the end of April.
- There is presently no waiting list for 2022 season.
- See the river levels via webcam courtesy of Lunes River Trust – see http://tebayanglers.com/links/
- Fishing is no longer available on the Bybeck Farm bank at Old Tebay Bridge. Please do not park on the Bybeck Farm road. Fishing is no longer available on the east Bank below the Iron Bridge to the second railway bridge above Lunes Bridge, nor in a portion of the woods below Lowgill. To avoid confrontation, do not fish where signs indicate another club; let the Committee deal with any boundary disputes.
- No day tickets may fish our waters in October.
- The Environment Agency requires “Catch & Release” for Salmon on the River Lune.
Catch returns must be returned to the Secretary by 20th November each year. This includes Nil returns.
Details are on the form below. Nil returns can also be texted to the Secretary, please include your name. http://tebayanglers.com/contacts/
Annual Dinner and Presentation Evening
Tebay Anglers holds its Annual Dinner & presentation Evening in Tebay Sports & Social Club on the first Saturday in March each year. The evening includes an Auction and the Club’s AGM. Permit holders are most welcome to attend although they cannot vote at the AGM. Anyone wishing to attend should notify the Secretary at least 14 days prior.
The next AGM is on Saturday March 4th 2023 at 7pm.