As confirmed by latest AGM
1. No person shall fish in the Club’s waters unless they shall have with them in their possession a current Environment Agency License and a current Club permit to fish, which shall be produced on request by any authorised person and which shall not be transferable. The permit of any person who allows the same to be used by any other person, as an authority to fish in the Club’s waters, shall be withdrawn.
2. Subject to the Bye-laws as laid down by the Environment Agency, the season for fishing in the Club;s waters are as follows:-
- Salmon – 1st April to 31st October
- Sea Trout – 1st May to 30th September
- Brown trout – 18th March to 30th September (18th March to 30th April – Fly only)
3. No fish shall be taken out of the Club’s waters of less than the following sizes, measuring from tip of snout to fork of tail :-
- Salmon or grilse : 14 inches
- Sea trout : 14 inches
- Brown Trout : 12 inches
4. No person shall take more than 4 fish in any one day. This is subject to Environmental Agency Bye-laws – currently under review to Catch and release Salmon.
5. During the hours of darkness only Fly Fishing is allowed
6. Ground baiting or fishing with maggot, including Dock Grub and similar species is not permitted.
6. No metal may be used for the extra weighting of standard salmon or trout flies,
8. After 31st August in any year treble hooks must not exceed quarter-inch gape, and any lure of weights (together or singly) used in spinning, must not exceed one ounce.
9. Only Fly Fishing shall be allowed from 18th March to 30th April inclusive.
10. The sale of Brown trout caught in the waters of the Club shall be offence.
11. No person fishing or returning from fishing, shall have any dog, gun or any implement for the taking of destruction of game, rabbits or fish, other than the implements for angling.
12. Any person committing damage to grass, fences, trees or other property, or otherwise trespassing, shall make good the same and shall indemnify the Club against all claims in respect thereof. No person shall, without the previous consent of the occupier of the land adjoining the Club’s waters enter any standing crop of mowing grass or wander about on any land. No person shall leave or throw away bottles, paper or other litter. ALL GATES MUST BE CLOSED.
13. The Committee of the Club may withdraw the permit of any person who shall be convicted of illegal fishing by an Court or be in breach of any of these bye-laws, or who shall annoy or fail to give proper consideration to other anglers.
14. All anglers will fish in a clean and proper manner and in accordance with the Club’s and Environment Agency regulations.
15. No prawn, shrimp or float fishing allowed.
16. Fly or worm fishing only when water is below yellow marker at Lunes Bridge.
17. All hen fish caught in the last 2 weeks of October are to be returned.
18. Fishing is not permitted on Tebay Anglers waters above Rayne Bridge from 1st October.
19. Only barbless hooks may be used from 1st October each season